To provide the safest dismissal for our car riders, we are asking parents to drive around the circle and form a car line to pick up your child. We will hold all car riders in a line and dismiss them as each car pulls up to the sidewalk entrance.
The dismissal will go as following:
- Students will enter & exit through door 7 at the back of the building on Franklin Square Drive.
- For pick up, the first 10 cars will position themselves in spaces one through 10. Please do not block the walkways.
- You must have your FSE car tag hanging from your rearview mirror or held up for us to see in order for us to have your child ready.
To sign up for bus transportation, please click here.
To help your child be ready for bus transportation, please teach them the following:
- If your student misses the bus at their regular stop, do not follow the bus to the next stop and let your child walk/run beside the bus to get on. The driver cannot see the student in the danger zone, especially if it is dark and could possibly hit them as they pull away from the stop. Take your student to school.
- Make children stay at least 10 feet away from the bus until they begin to enter. Children will be able to see the driver and the driver can see them.
- If children must cross the street to the bus they should cross the street 10 feet (five giant steps) in front of the bus where they can see the driver and the driver can see them.
Warn children that, if they drop something, they should never pick it up. Instead, they should tell the driver and follow the driver’s instructions. If they bend over to pick up a dropped object, they might not be seen by the driver and could be hurt if the driver pulls away from the stop.
Remind children to look to the right before they step off the bus. Car drivers in a hurry sometimes try to sneak by the bus on the right hand side.
Teach your child to secure loose drawstrings and other objects that may get caught in the handrail or door of the bus as they are exiting.
If you meet your child at the bus stop after school, wait on the side where the child will be dropped off, not across the street. Children can be so excited at seeing you after school that they may dash across the street and forget the safety rules.